Announcing Hattie’s Garden Plant CSA for 2018
Plant CSA Open through March 1 — Sign Up Now
CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture. This alternative economic model for agriculture especially allows small local farmers to receive economic support from their CSA subscribers at the onset of the season.
The subscriber is contracting for a share of the anticipated “harvest” of produce or in this case, plants. At a time when growers are in need of “seed” money (startup costs) to get going for the season, a CSA can provide that investment while at the same time strengthening beneficial relationships between small sustainable growers and their communities.
Hattie’s Garden Plant CSA allows you to purchase an amount of credit toward of our healthy vegetable transplants, herbs, cutting flowers and bedding plants ahead of time in exchange for a 10% discount. We grow our plants in high quality organic compost-based potting soil from Vermont Compost Company. For growth and root development this biologically active soil is second to none. For the best garden, we use the best potting soil.
What plants and varieties will be available?
A list of plants that will be available can be found on our website in our plant section. We plant on a rolling basis to extend the availability of our plants. We encourage you to succession plant to extend your own garden’s productivity window and to best utilize your space.
Plants become available beginning mid-April. We hold plant sales at the garden a couple times a week for about six weeks and a bit less frequently outside of the spring push.
You will also find our plants at the Historic Lewes Farmers Market (HLFM). In addition, CSA customers may visit Hattie’s Garden by appointment to select plants.
Is There a Deadline for Buying CSA Plant Credits?
The deadline for participating in the CSA is March 1, but we encourage you to sign up and purchase your CSA credits as soon as you are able so that we can order what we need to get growing.
In addition, your credit does not expire and may be used anytime during the year to buy anything we sell here at Hattie’s Garden.
How to Order Plant CSA Credits
- Go to the Plant CSA Order Form. This form will be available through March 1.
- Select any quantity of credits in $10, $25, $50 or $100 increments, for which you purchase at a 10% discount.
- If you do not receive your confirmation, please contact Hattie by email immediately so we can be sure we have your order.
- An invoice will be manually generated and emailed to you within a couple of days. Payment of your invoice secures your Plant CSA credits at your 10% discount. The invoice allows you to pay using a credit card, or you may write a check and remit payment via snail mail.
- We will email you a copy of your paid invoice for your records, but you do not need to bring it with you to get your plants. We retain a record of your credits and maintain an updated notebook at all our sales and at the HLFM.
Ready to get started? Sign Up Now.
Yours in the seed catalogs,