Hattie’s Garden: Now open 2 to 5 on Thursdays and Fridays
As hard as it is to believe, autumn is just about upon us. It’s that time of year when we really transition from the summer season into the autumn season. The daylight hours are diminishing and the night temperatures are getting slightly cooler. We are really loving this mid-September weather with its low humidity and brisker days.
Hattie’s Garden still has beautiful pints of mixed cherry tomatoes and young ginger. The ginger is harvested a bit at a time throughout September, so come early to the HFLM on Saturday, or come to the Garden to get your fresh ginger. You can freeze and then grate the ginger for use all winter. We also have some beautiful colors flowers for autumn.
Our autumn hours are Thursday and Friday at the Garden from 2 to 5 pm and we can be found at the HLFM Saturdays through Saturday, November 18.
What’s Available This Week
The following will be available at Hattie’s Garden on Thursday & Friday from 2 to 5 located at 31341 Kendale Road in Lewes, or at the Saturday HLFM from 8 to noon located at George H.P. Smith Park (Block House Pond).
- Loose Leaf Lettuce — Triple-washed and kept cold for you in our coolers.
- Mature Arugula — Triple-washed and kept cold for you in our coolers.
- Mesclun — Triple-washed and kept cold for you in our coolers.
- Fresh Young Ginger — Mild and tender enough to eat raw in salads, it has an almost translucent skin that is so thin it doesn’t need peeling; you can practically rub it off. Just wash it and trim the cut surfaces.
- Tomatoes — Mixed Cherry Tomato Pints, Jasper tomato half pints and just a few small, but delicious heirloom tomatoes.
- Herbs — Fresh-cut Rosemary, English Thyme, Lemon Thyme, and Oregano.
- Specialty Cut Flowers — Our flowers are going strong and we are now able to include a few lisianthus, double-click cosmos, zinnias, gomphrena, celosia and ageratum. Stunning and colorful and guaranteed to last a week. We can also prepare a custom bouquet on the spot.
Yours in the Garden & Market,