For general information on lemongrass including how to prep it, see our lemongrass FAQ.
|Lemongrass Tea|| |
Lemongrass is used frequently in the brewing of tea, which also has a very distinct yet appeasing lemony taste. Drinking lemongrass tea is a good way to get the soothing benefits of this herb on a regular basis. These benefits are many and are definitely worth looking into.
- 3 stalks fresh lemon grass
- Raw sugar, honey, or other sweetener, as desired (optional)
- Twists of lemon (optional)
- In a large teapot, combine the lemon grass with about 6 cups of rapidly boiling, fresh water.
- Cover the teapot with a thick towel and allow to steep for 5 to 10 minutes, or until very aromatic.
- Pour into teacups, sweeten and serve with a twist of lemon, if desired.
You can use the tough outer skins and upper stalks of the lemon grass for this aromatic tea, saving the tender inner stalk for slicing into stews, sautes, and soups.