Hattie’s Garden Open Tuesday from 2 to 5, Thursday & Friday from 10 – 5
Sky rockets in flight. Heirloom Delight. Come on over to Hattie’s Garden beginning Tuesday afternoon (from 2 to 5) because we are still all about tomatoes, especially our delicious ripe heirlooms! These will be available all week, and we are extending our regular hours to include Tuesday afternoon. We hope this gives everyone more of a chance to partake in this once a year delicacy.
We would also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone that came out to the tomato festival this year at the Historic Lewes Farmers Market on Saturday. The weather cooperated, and we think a good time was had by all!
Late Summer Gardening Class, August 14 from 1 to 3
We are holding a late summer gardening class for those interested in starting their fall gardens. Now is the time to plant those seeds for the nice long fall growing season in this region. Hattie’s Garden is planting carrots, scallions, kale, radishes, turnips, spinach and more and you can too!
What’s Available This Week
The following will be available at Hattie’s Garden on Tuesday from 2 – 5 and Thursday & Friday from 10 to 5 located at 31341 Kendale Road in Lewes, on Wednesday from 8 to 11 at the Historic Lewes Farmers Market (HLFM) located at Kings Highway across from Crooked Hammock Brewery, and the HLFM on Saturday from 8 to noon located at George H.P. Smith Park (Block House Pond). You can also email Hattie to make an appointment to stop by Hattie’s Garden at another time.
- Heirloom Tomatoes — Beautiful Cherokee Purple, rich, creamy, tender German Johnson, and the jewel in the crown Striped German.
- Cherry Tomatoes — Mixed pints in all colors and sizes, including Jasper half-pints (the kid friendly little cherry everyone loves).
- Young Arugula — Triple-washed and kept cold for you in our coolers.
- Herbs — Fresh-cut Basil, large bunches of fresh Italian Parsley, and a range of small herb packs containing oregano, marjoram, lemon thyme, English thyme, chives, rosemary, sage, curly parsley, flat parsley and basil.
- Specialty Cut Flowers — Bouquets this week will include plenty of zinnias, gomphrena, celosia and more. Stunning and colorful and guaranteed to last a week. We can also prepare a custom bouquet on the spot.
- Cucumbers and Melons — For Saturday’s HLFM market only, we harvest cucumbers and for the first time, melons: Alvaro Charentais (French Cantaloupe) and, if ripe, Jenny Lind heirloom muskmelons. These come from our second location, a backyard garden Hattie’s Garden is leasing for the first time this year. We wanted to increase what we could offer to our Saturday patrons and our produce from that garden has been great so far and is also using organic growing methods.
Yours in the Garden & Markets,